The Senior Director, Capacity Engineering provides leadership to a team of senior members and utilizes expertise to recommend and develop solutions, policies and procedures.
· Leads and manages a team of capacity directors or senior capacity managers.
·Directs or controls activities of functional areas, divisions, groups or service areas through others with responsibility for successful operations
· Coordinates and leads department meetings
· Meets monthly with country operations directors
· Meets monthly with country sales directors and/or sales engineers
· Reviews required reports to approve fill rates and develop projections related to future expansions
· Provides direction to staff as required to analyze and resolve critical technical problems
· Recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems that deviate from established processes or operational policies
· Identifies opportunities for process efficiency improvements and implements as appropriate.
· Works with cross-regional/global departments to identify and resolve any problems related to Capacity
· Reviews weekly audits on inventory numbers
· Confirms accuracy and consistency of data on a monthly basis
· Ensures data for new locations is added into capacity systems correctly and on schedule
· Reviews data quality issues related to capacity and ensures resolution by subordinate team
· Reviews the data center space inventory on a regular basis with team leads to ensure optimal utilization of space.
· Addresses any escalated concerns on assignment layout
· Involved in resolution of operational issues that are escalated and unable to be resolved at subordinate levels
· Collaborates with senior members of departments, including Finance, IT, IBX Ops to address issues, answer questions, and develop cross functional processes
· Bachelors or Master's preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.