Fluency in German and English is required for this role.
The Operations Compliance Senior Manager (Master level) directs the team and develops strategies, procedures and methods, while making recommendations for sites and regions in scope. Acts as a broad expert SME for significant and unique compliance related topics. Identifies non-compliance trends and suggests process improvement actions to the business. Provides guidance and overall direction to help create an overall strategy for compliance.
Audits & Certifications
· Directs coordination of broad site level compliance audits (internal and external)
· Acts as an expert single point of contact (SPOC) for the Compliance Center of Excellence (COE) for significant and unique audit activities
· Evaluates efficacy of the team's audit management and the deployment of corrective and preventive actions to the field, systems and processes
· Identifies processes to be audited based on expert knowledge of unique criteria and controls
· Defines and maintains audit criteria and controls based on industry and Equinix updates and best practices
· Reports any significant compliance findings to management and relevant stakeholders
· Provides guidance and consulting in any audit finding escalations within operations
· Manages rollout of new certifications and sustenance of existing certifications within the sites in scope
· Responsible for audit vendor management
· Participates in external audits as a subject matter expert (SME) with broad expert knowledge
· Oversees maintenance of local site level management system assets by ensuring accuracy and adequacy.
· Host Management Review Meetings for the site/country in conjunction with Compliance COE.
· Provides recommendations to improve processes and the resolution of complex issues based on expertise
· Oversees local procedure development to comply with local legislative or Equinix requirements
· Oversees/Ensures all required compliance records are maintained in local/global repositories; including: records relevant to Operations compliance (QISBC and EHS)
· Maintains global/regional policies relevant to compliance subject assigned; also, reviews and signs-off any local deviations
· Signs-off on updates to management system assets
· Utilizes broad expert knowledge to make recommendations for continuous improvements based on unique reporting results
· Ensures all required legislative or company reports are complete and submitted
· Forecasts and tracks budget for assigned scope of work
· Leads, set objectives and identifies unique needs for large compliance projects
· Identifies and designs metrics to enhance business processes to help achieve overall operations/company goals
· Analyze metrics to identify unique process improvements
· Assesses broad expert knowledge of training needs and creates a unique training strategy in collaboration with other teams (local, regional, global and cross-functional teams); leads implementation of training plan
· Utilizes broad expert knowledge of compliance skills to create compliance training curriculums
· Oversees training of external/internal stakeholders to assure necessary compliance training is delivered to applicable employees
1st Line Responsibilities
· Acts as a master expert level first escalation point for site level compliance for customers or any third party audits
· Ownership of local/country/site specific certification (non-regional, non-global)
· Forecasts and tracks compliance budgets for significant and unique sites
· Shares and signs-off on local compliance objectives in conjunction with Compliance COE
· Creates and tracks highly complex site level compliance budgets, as per the needs/requirements from the sites and the Compliance COE
· Oversees complex site level compliance with new and existing local/federal/regulatory requirements
2nd Line Responsibilities
· Oversees the coordination of significant external and compliance teams
· Works with compliance team to look for SWOT opportunities in the compliance management process
· Directs compliance team training strategy to assure topic coverage and expertise is maintained; Initiates projects as required.
· Plans budget for area of expertise; Provides Subject Matter Expertise for Compliance
· Analyzes and investigates Regional/Global level incidents and directs remedial action.
· Advises 1st line of defense staff on their management reviews
· Acts as a first escalation point for significantly complex customer RFI, RFP, pre-sales/audit/questionnaire site level compliance
· Oversees integration of unique new sites or site expansions to Equinix standards
· Manages the support application of designated permits, compliance to existing permits, plans (e.g. air, spill prevention, chemical reporting, etc.)
· Evaluates/Approves of significant work place changes, processes, equipment and substances for compliance to Equinix policies and recommends corrective action.
May be some team management responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.