Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data centre customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Has a substantial understanding of the job while working on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgement in resolving issues or making recommendations. Focus is on moderately difficult tasks, using substantial understanding of standard operating procedure. Supports the overall team.
Facility / Infrastructure Maintenance
· Performs moderately difficult preventative and corrective maintenance checks on-site to facility components.
· Performs moderately difficult repairs, maintenance, installations and on-site inspections to facility systems. Supports energy efficiency measures.
· Monitors the Building Monitoring System (BMS) and resolves moderately difficult alarm issues issues that require judgement in resolving while following standard operating procedures.
· Operates and maintains plumbing, fire suppression, and safety systems.
· Operates critical infrastructures under the supervision of more senior technical staff.
· Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
· Supports the work approval process for service providers on moderately difficult maintenance work, for tracking: briefing at the start of work, work during the day workday/shift and final review of the work carried out. Ensures vendor maintenance activities are carried out as per Equinix's standard operating procedures.
· In cooperation with vendors, supports modifications to technical files for plants and equipment ensuring files and builds are up-to-date.
Site Administration & Incident Support
· Performs moderately difficult site logs for permits, such as Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOPs) and scripts.
· Identifies Single Points of Failure (SPOFs) and makes recommendations.
· Responds to all moderately difficult on-site incidents, including failures, problems and delays.
· Uses substantial understanding in following operating procedures to support on-site administration.
Work Orders & Additional Projects
· Completes routine work requests and circuit installations.
· Troubleshoots and maintains office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines with problem solving and repairs to avoid/minimize downtime.
· Makes minor changes to mechanical, electrical and specialized systems, as directed.
· Carries out infrastructure projects.
· Collaborates with others to resolve moderately difficult facility incidents.
· Effectively collaborates within the department; may mentor team members on general maintenance activities.
· Provides stakeholders of inventory needs in order to maintain optimal stock levels of critical parts and equipment.
· May recommend infrastructure projects.
What we Offer
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us. Additionally, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive flexible benefits package.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women’s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.