Who We Are?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams
Are you eager for a challenge, highly motivated, able to work at a fast pace, target driven, flexible and quick to adapt to any situation? Are you passionate about technology?
This position is an experienced professional responsible for leading a diverse scope of security enablement projects, installations and maintenance, and physical security issues within the IBXs.
What you will be doing
Facility / Infrastructure Maintenance
· Performs specialized preventative and corrective maintenance on-site to physical Security components and/or systems.
· Performs moderately difficult repairs, maintenance, installations, and on-site inspections of security systems.
· Monitors the Security Systems and resolves alarms for specialized issues requiring considerable judgment and implications to resolve; follows guidelines on standard procedures and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Coordinates and directs vendors on skilled tasks to ensure that maintenance activities are carried out per standards and requirements.
· Assists with the creation and submission of scripts for maintenance.
· Tracks and implements the work approval process for service providers for critical maintenance (including briefing at the start of work, control of work during the day workday/shift, and final review of the work carried out).
· In cooperation with the vendors, changes/updates technical files for plants and equipment ensuring files and builds are up to date.
Site Administration & Incident Support
· Performs specialized site logs and data gathering for issuing of permits, such as Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOPs) and scripts.
· Identifies Single Points of Failure (SPOFs) and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Responds to all on-site incidents, including failures, significant problems, and delays.
· Performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Supports the on-site staff during incidents.
· Demonstrates and supports processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
Work Orders & Additional Projects
· Completes skilled work requests and Security installations
· Performs advanced troubleshooting and maintenance of office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines with problem-solving and repairs to avoid/minimize downtime.
· Makes moderate changes to specialized systems, as directed.
· Carries out more complex infrastructure projects.
· Supports life cycle maintenance/end of life. infrastructure projects and critical replacements.
· May recommend infrastructure projects.
· Collaborates with others to resolve difficult facility incidents.
· Effectively collaborates within the department; may mentor team members on skilled maintenance activities.
· Informs stakeholders of inventory needs to maintain optimal stock levels of critical parts and equipment, may support in coordinating processes for maintaining inventory.
· Acts as a mentor to others in resolving incidents.
What you should have
Working knowledge of SQL Server 2000, Windows XP / Outlook / Word / Excel.
Working Knowledge and/or certification with a security systems manufacture such as AMAG, Software House, Loronix, or GE is a plus.
All around mechanical inclination and networking background.
Ability to read and analyze Security, Electrical, and Mechanical blue prints.
Experience with fault isolating and troubleshooting networks including LAN and WAN.
Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP.
Familiarity with configuring networking equipment such as routers, switches, and hubs.
Ability to perform all of the standard high-rise building/data center tasks.
Operational experience with data communication issues, including physical security, resource management, capacity planning, monitoring, and performance is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent.
Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities.
Must have excellent written and verbal customer service skills, and be willing to have a flexible schedule.
Understanding of test equipment (i.e. Bert testing, cable analyzers, Sniffer).
Ability to lift 60-75 lbs.
Must be able to successfully complete a company background check as well as U.S. Government and/or other specific background screenings as required per assignment.
The opportunity to be part of the digital transformation in the world in a company that was elected by the employees as the best places to work by Glassdoor and it´s is GPTW for several consecutive years.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Agora você está sendo redirecionado para o site do aplicativo
Preencha seus dados
Agora você está sendo redirecionado para o site do aplicativo
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.