Are you a U.S. Military Service Member (on active duty) within or nearing your 180-day window for separation from active duty? Do you have a background in Electrical/Electrician, HVAC, MEP, and/or skilled Mechanical trades? If this is you, then Equinix has a unique opportunity to help kick-start the next chapter in your professional life.
We are currently seeking an Active Military Transitioning Service Member. We are accepting applications for our very own DoD SkillBridge Internship Program, which is a cutting-edge initiative designed to link our nation’s warfighters to the best employment opportunities available as soon as possible in their transition process.
· You will perform site inspections and monitor the building and IBX alarms
· Performs preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g., maintenance of primary infrastructures), or leads vendors
· You undertake repairs and corrective maintenance
· Comprehensive knowledge of critical infrastructure i.e., UPS, generator, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
· Completion of site logs and data gathering issuing for basic permits, such as MOPs and scripts
· You respond to all on-site incidents and acts as required
· Completes routine work requests and circuit installations
· You aid during critical maintenance activities
· You can effectively collaborate within the department and provide recommendations to peers for general maintenance activities
· You carry out basic infrastructure projects
· You can lift up to 50 lbs. and are agile in manual dexterity (climb, stoop, et.) to rack and stack equipment, as an example, with or without accommodation.
· 24/7 Operation - Your flexibility to work any assigned shift, off-schedule, fill in for workmate, respond to emergencies, etc.
· Must meet all eligibility requirements outlined in DOD Instruction 1322.29 is Required
· Aptitude, Attitude, and Potential
· Technical Associates Degree, military-technical school, or civilian technical trade school completion
· Coursework in Electric Theory or HVAC design or heat transfer and thermodynamics
· Knowledge of Electric methodologies or HVAC testing and balancing methodologies
· Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, to sustain focus on long tasks.
· Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas.
· Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, and creativity.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environments.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based work assignments.
· Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, and/or a qualified individual with disability.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, as well as our ranking as a U.S. federal contractor, as of December 8, 2021, Equinix will be mandating all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief, Equinix will consider exemption requests as an accommodation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
***U.S. ONLY - EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
이제 응용 프로그램 웹 사이트로 리디렉션됩니다.
상세 정보를 작성하세요
이제 응용 프로그램 웹 사이트로 리디렉션됩니다.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.