Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of consistent growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000+ companies, including 2000+ networks and 3000 cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
Exhibits advanced wide-ranging experience, using in-depth professional knowledge, acumen, concepts and company objectives to develop, resolve complex models and procedures. Provides solutions to issues in creative and effective ways. Understands the interrelationships of different disciplines. Directs the application of existing principles and guides development of new policies and ideas.
Requirements & Support
· Uses wide-ranged advanced experience to support deployment projects by validating customers' order requirements with the customer processing team and project manages of the technical deployment responsibilities with the Data Center manager
· Has expert professional knowledge of the Data Centers and proposes alternate solutions to address non-standard/complex internal issues
· Partners with operations teams to provide solutions cross-functionally to resolve customers' non-standard order requirements
· Coordinates project work with CPM to facilitate smooth service delivery and ensure provisioned services meet and exceed customers' expectations
· Supports reinstall projects where required
· Responsible for provides guidance and support on development of project implementation
· Considers and develops unique project plans to manage implementation of customers' non-standard/complex deployments
· Understands and works on complex issues with operations to ensure tickets are set with appropriate commit dates
· Coordinates with operations team and suppliers to ensure work is completed on time and according to quality standards
Implementation and Delivery
· Plans, develops and delivers complex customer implementations that require highly advanced and creative solutioning. Uses in-depth professional knowledge to develop complex modeling solutions
· Oversees and monitors the progress of all project implementations in the Equinix business system tools to ensure delivery within the committed time frames
· Manages all project implementations to ensure they are completed in compliance to Equinix information security policies, operations processes, procedures and standards
· Ensures labor and equipment resources are assigned accordingly to facilitate project implementation and customer support
Cross Functional, Support & Communications
· Resolves complex issues and escalations independently at all levels, engaging internal stakeholders for resolution on cross-functional issues
· Manages and communicates with functional and cross-functional teams to review project plans and implementation progress of all scales
· Maintains regular communication with functional and cross-functional teams throughout the implementation
·Defines/refines provisioning and customer support processes in the Data Center; or, works with Data Center operations teams on implementation of recommendations/proposals of solutions for systemic process-related problems. (e.g. sufficient and accurate fulfillment requirements)
· Analyzes metrics to identify Data Center operations system and process issues, proposes solutions and works with Regional operations for implementation of solutions
· Leads the Equinix Customer One (ECO) systems training development, testing and enhancing of the ECO platform; ensures that all operations staffs are well trained and familiar with ECO
· Functions as ECO subject matter expert
· Frequently advises others on complex matters within the project management of supplemental vendor support for EIS and operations, as it relates to the assigned deployment
· Understands and works on complex issues related to purchase requests submittal, vendor invoicing and final receipt of goods, consistent with implementation timeline
· Professional experience in project management
· Experience in handling complex electrical and network systems and component
· Knowledge in electrical layout planning
· Exhibit overall strong business acumen
· Fluent German and English
· Creative, high energy, self-starter comfortable running programs independently
· Solid presentation, analytical and interpersonal skills
· History of using strong communications skills across multiple departments
· Knows how to organize resources to effectively managed concurrent requests from an array of customers (internal and external)
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and have found a role that challenges you, please don’t let your reservations hold you back!
Equinix is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.