Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking and ambitious people who flourish when solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our inclusive culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic ego, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put our people at the center of everything we do.
Reports to UK/Ireland Director, Construction & Project Management
Lead all aspects of data centre design & construction projects from project inception, through design, procurement, construction, commissioning and hand-over of an operating facility, that could include ground up construction, fit-outs, remodels, etc.
As the project lead that could be for several smaller projects or a single, extensive project, you will direct all partners, internal (Design, Procurement, Operations, Security and IT/Network, as well as external vendors comprising Contractors, design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
Responsible for driving a safe, quality first culture, ensuring that all applicable codes, standards, and good construction practices are followed.
Ensuring that internal controls are in place at each step of the process through effective contract administration including generation, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation.
• Leads and manages multiple, large construction projects
• Lead by example on safety, standards, and culture
• Manage and monitor project progress, quality and compliance with building regulations.
• Provides guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc.
• Ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
• Overview and management of project risk registers.
• Directs as many as 25+ external vendors per project comprising general contractors, A&E design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers etc.
• Significantly contributes to establishing and maintaining high value relationships
• Contributes to identifying and developing training programs
• Provides cross-functional training
• Contributes to developing and executing effective contract administration procedures including generation, review, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation
• Liaising with local authorities and relevant State agencies and departments.
• Mentors junior team members
• Directs all internal and external project team members including internal Design, Procurement, Operations, Commercial and IT/Network support teams
Policy & Procedure Development
• Significantly contributes to creating and maintaining best in class policies and procedures
• Ensure project closure, handover and lessons learnt processes are established and implemented.
• HNC/HND or equivalent in construction, construction project management and /or Services engineering or with equivalent experience
• Several years’ experience in project and construction management that will include critical Infrastructure for Datacentre
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout UK, IRE and EMEA
• Proven experience of senior project management in a construction environment
• Customer focus
• Self-motivated and flexible
• In-depth knowledge of relevant statutory regulations and industry best practice
• Experienced in Construction procurement methodologies
• MS Office including MS Project, Excel and Visio skills
What we offer
You will get the opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Besides a competitive salary, Equinix offers you attractive benefits, regular company events and a company culture, that values dedication, respect and fun at work.
Do you want to learn more or apply?
Please apply through our career web page, so we can get back to you as soon as possible and let us know your notice period and salary expectations:
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.