Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 75+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000 companies, including 2000+ networks and 3000+ cloud and IT service providers in over 31 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be a,t the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Leads the team of Managers for the data center site operations team. Establishes operational objectives, policies, procedures, and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates. Develops, modifies, and executes company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effects. Accountable for department budget which may be broad and have a far-reaching impact on the business segment.
• Provides management and direction across the team, and ensures the team's growth is in alignment with business needs
• Sets functional and development objectives for team members
• Ensures and develops further needed Stakeholder Management
• Creates and drives stakeholder communications and manages any issues
• Responsible to achieve the highest customer satisfaction
• Is responsible for overseeing a team who has multiple and broad communication responsibilities
• In tune with executive communication needs
• Challenges the team and others on finding a balance between effective communications whilst pragmatic with volume, frequency and/or content
• Acts as escalation point within the team
• Challenges the team to ensure lateral thinking and information are fully analyzed to achieve resolution
• Where necessary may refer and raise outside of the immediate team
Resource Management (people, finances etc.)
• Partners with leadership to set KPI's and metrics
• Accountable for resource planning management (people, finances, vendor bids, etc.) across the project teams
• Leads experienced level professionals and/or may be responsible for subordinate managers.
• Develops team to work safely, effectively and with high regard to human error avoidance
• Handles personnel details including salaries, positioning, hire/fire, reviews, mentor, and development
• Leads in project management and incident resolution.
Leadership Characteristics of The Role
• 5+ years of team management experience, preferably with Operations/Maintenance teams
• Previous experience working within a matrix type of organization/global environment
• Demonstrates and instills the Equinix culture and values
• Establishes operational objectives, policies, procedures and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates. Develops, modifies and implements company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effects. Accountable for department budget which may be broad and have a far-reaching impact on the business segment.
Knowledge And Experience
• Track record of influencing and collaborating with senior business leaders
• Strong Management background
• Full mastery of standardized tools and practices
• Extensive knowledge of the processes and systems that underpin the data center business and more specifically the Equinix way to operate
• Previous experience with Operations/site management
• Previous experience with Vendor Cost Management & Costing Support
• Fluent in German and English Language
Skills And Attributes
• Exhibit overall strong business acumen
• Knows how to organize resources to effectively managed concurrent requests from an array of customers (internal and external)
What We Offer
At Equinix, we have a role and mission to value and put first the diverse communities we serve, to help keep them safe, and to care for our teams. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and pervades everything we do every day across Equinix.
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success. Our teams are authentic, humble and dedicated, which creates the "Equinix magic. We know that our success depends on our people, so we strive to provide a positive work environment where we actively encourage growth, learning, and self-development.
In addition, we offer attractive compensation and benefits, such as an annual bonus tied to company results and your individual goals, a fully covered family health insurance plan, a stock purchase plan, extracurricular activities and regular events... a true company culture that values commitment, respect and fun at work.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for the position without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, or disability. We actively promote diversity through a variety of networks, including, but not limited to, Black Connect, Equinix Women's Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.