Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. That is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
To support our growing sales teams in the UK, we are looking for a Senior Account Executive (Acquisition). As a Acquisition rep you will be responsible for building new business with UK enterprises. This is an entrepreneurial role where you have influence and impact on the business and the opportunities you follow.
The Senior Acquisition Account Executive sells Equinix solutions to new accounts within a unique scope. This senior level individual contributor role will focus on largest global accounts in region, oversees negotiation process, and leads extended sales team on complex multi-region / multi-metro sales.
Drives prospecting to accelerate growth
· Partners with other Sales stakeholders to strategize and lead sales opportunity qualification
· Pursues highest propensity prospects with no current revenue and fills the funnel with opportunities while pitching prospects primarily at C-level and leveraging industry contacts and partners
· Actively prospects the development of new accounts to sell global platform and achieves outside of country
· Builds relationships with key stakeholders at prospect companies
· Utilizes available tools to prospect new opportunities
Forges trusting partnerships with partners and teams
· Leads sales approach with the extended sales teams and external partners
· Collaborates with global sales team to sell global Equinix platform
· Demonstrates consistent cross region exports
· Understands business drivers of accounts and leverages strategic alliances and reseller partners to penetrate new accounts
· Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
Leads account and territory planning
· Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape on high priority prospects
· Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Effectively transitions account to Account Manager, maintaining customer satisfaction to ensure future revenue growth
· Prioritizes list of prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
· Provides accurate forecasts
· May focus on a particular vertical or sub-vertical within a dedicated sector
Enhances solution selling
· Focuses on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts
· Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with Sales Engineers (SEs) and Sales Architects (SAs)
· Leads delivery of expert, compelling pitch, leveraging SE/SAs where appropriate; customizes pitch to customer and persona
· Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
· Sells full suite of Equinix offerings to include global footprint and achieves exports
· Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
Ensures excellence in pipeline management
· Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SalesForce Database, following the principles of forecasting while using their broad expert knowledge of skills to resolve significant and unique issues
Oversees negotiation for the most positive impact
· Leads commercial offer and contract negotiations, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain the best commercial terms possible
· Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure; overcome objections and position and engage and senior levels in account
· Partners with Sales leadership to present at regional deal review
Mentors and motivates team
· Acts independently to determine methods & procedures; may coordinate activities of others
· Mentors Account Executives or other sales professionals; leads special projects, provides guidance to team on new products/processes/best practices
Skills and attributes
· A seasoned sales account manager with broad expertise or unique knowledge
· Adept at setting goals and developing plans to achieve company goals creatively and effectively
· Exceptional ability to use data and analytics to solve complex issues and situations
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.