Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 27 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Senior Acquisition Account Executive sells Equinix solutions to new accounts within a complex scope. Focus on larger domestic and global accounts. Leads negotiation process, and leads extended sales team on complex multi-region / multi-metro sales.
· Viewed as an expert in the field with wide-ranging experience
· Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
· Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
· Partners with other Sales stakeholders to strategize and lead sales opportunity qualification
· Pursues highest propensity prospects with no current revenue and fills the funnel with opportunities while pitching prospects primarily at C-level and leveraging industry contacts and partners
· Actively prospects account base to sell global platform and achieves exports outside of country
· Builds relationships with key stakeholders at prospect companies
· Utilizes available tools to prospect new opportunities
Leverage Internal & External Partners
· Leads sales approach with the extended sales teams and external partners
· Collaborates with global sales team to sell global Equinix platform
· Demonstrates consistent cross region exports
· Understands business drivers of accounts and leverages strategic alliances and reseller partners to penetrate new accounts
· Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
· Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape on high priority prospects
· Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Effectively transitions account to Account Manager, maintaining customer satisfaction to ensure future revenue growth
· Responsible for large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts
· Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with Sales Engineers (SEs) and Sales Architects (SAs)
· Leading delivery of pitch, leveraging SE/SAs where appropriate; adapts pitch to customer needs and persona
· Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
· Sells full suite of Equinix offerings to include global footprint and achieves exports
· Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
· Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SalesForce Database, following the principles of forecasting while using wide-ranged advanced experience to resolve complex issues
· Prioritizes list of prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
· Provides accurate forecasts
· May focus on a particular vertical or sub-vertical within a dedicated sector
· Leads commercial offer and contract negotiations, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain the best commercial terms possible
· Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure
· Partners with Sales leadership to present at regional deal review
Mentorship / Lead
· Determines methods & procedures on new assignments; may coordinate project work for others
· Mentors Account Executives or other sales professionals; leads special projects, provides guidance to team on new products/processes/best practices
7+ years experience preferred
Experience introducing new or digital products to expand sales in existing accounts.
Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts
Sales Experience in Software Defined Networking, Hypervisors or Virtualization technologies
Proven ability to develop and execute sales and account strategies
Experience partnering with account team to drive complex sales and adoption of digital products Bachelor's Degree required
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to Staffing@equinix.com. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Learn more about Equinix:
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.