To support our growing business in Switzerland, we are hiring a Senior Account Executive to further develop our Enterprise business in the Swiss territory and to grow our market presence.
The Account Executive will be responsible for driving new business, account management and revenue growth from strategic Enterprise customers and prospects headquartered in Switzerland. The position will be based in Zürich.
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 230+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 75 consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
What is this role about?
Build Customer Relationships
· Plans, builds, and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in assigned accounts/prospects
· Facilitates customer relationships to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
· Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new selling opportunities
Leverage Internal & External Partners
· Coordinates sales approach with the extended sales team (Sales Engineers, Solutions Architect, Customer Care, SSA, Commercial Solutions, Sales Operations, etc.) and external partners (Reseller, Strategic Alliance, etc.) · Demonstrates consistent intra-region selling and occasional cross region exports
· Leverages network of peer representatives in strategic alliance and reseller partners to map and penetrate accounts
· Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape on select accounts
· Develops account plans focused on maintaining/growing accounts
· Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with SEs/SAs
· Delivers pitch in partnership with SE/SAs and tailors pitch to customer needs
· Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
· Sells full suite of Equinix offerings to include global footprint
· Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
· Proactively addresses high churn risk customers leveraging internal resources and external partners
· Facilitates customer contract renewals and negotiations to protect revenue
· Leverages internal resources to understand customers contractual obligations around notice periods, renew terms, Equinix exposure
· Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SFDC, following the principles of forecasting
· Identifies at risk accounts, expiring contracts and forecasts churn
· Prioritizes list of accounts/prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
· Provides accurate forecasts
· May focus on particular vertical or sub-vertical within a dedicated sector
· Coordinates with Opportunity Development Team to strategize lead & sales opportunity qualification
· Pursues highest propensity prospects, fills the funnel with opportunities; cold calling prospects and building industry contacts
· Facilitates commercial offer and contract negotiations in partnership with Sales Management, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain best commercial terms possible
· Understands commercial levers and partners with sales leadership, commercial solutions, and P&L to recommend deal structure
What we offer
Next to a competitive salary, sales incentive plan and attractive benefits we offer you the opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneering spirit. Equinix offers a company culture that values commitment, respect and fun at work.
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the link to our career web page to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to meeting you!
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.