Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Are you a military service member within or nearing your 180-day window for separation from active duty? If this is you, then Equinix has a unique opportunity to help kick-start the next chapter in your professional life.
We are accepting applications for our very own DoD SkillBridge Internship Program, which is a cutting-edge initiative designed to link our nation’s warfighters to the best employment opportunities available as soon as possible in their transition process.
In this DoD Skillbridge Equinix is currently seeking a (Military Transitioning Service Member)
To participate in our training program, we are actively seeking applications from different sectors as we will provide the training you need to build a successful career within our data centers. We are looking for applicants with knowledge of copper, coaxial, or fiber cabling. Experience of, or a passion for providing excellent customer service would be a huge bonus.
A positive outlook, a hunger to learn, and a desire to develop and grow are essential, as is the ability to work well within a team.
Security Operations Analyst position will focus on information security technologies, cyber threat detection, and incident response activities as required.
This includes all security hardware and software systems. In addition to a focus on Information Security, this will role will work closely with Users, Network, System infrastructure, and Application teams to provide guidance and best of practice solutions, to work on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of a situation requires evaluation and judgment. Responsible for evaluating and improving the current Information Security systems and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains hardening guides for Applications, Network and System infrastructure.
• Identify, evaluate and implement key security tools such as endpoint security, web, and email security, threat intelligence, and identity and access management.
• Serves as Primary or Secondary Technology resource for InfoSec Operation or Projects
• Utilizes logs and analysis tools to assist in Cyber threat detection and incident response activities as required.
• Provides advice and guidance to users and cross IT functions on the Information Security practices.
• Works with IT team members to identify requirements and develop processes, procedures, communications strategies and standards for Information Security operations.
• Provides full lifecycle management of Information Security Operation including the following:
1. Analysis of security impacts based on new adds and changes
2. Maintains security architecture, topology diagrams, and documentation
3. Manages upgrades and migrations to achieve stable and up-to-date security infrastructure
4. Monitors security devices and logs
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A desire for experience in Information Security; motivated learner with strong work ethic to facilitate learning progress
• Military Information Technology experience and/or MOS, Rate, AFSC designation or skill identifier with an emphasis in information technology and/or cybersecurity
• Desire to build technical knowledge of technology platforms, inclusive of systems, network devices, and security solutions.
• Preferred Hands-on experience with Windows, Linux, enterprise network and network security devices, relational databases, and other core enterprise technologies.
• Information Security education in application and infrastructure security architecture, design, and engineering using technologies, solutions, or frameworks inclusive of OWASP, SAML, firewalls, SSO, IDM, data encryption & enterprise key management, PKI, IDS/IPS, malware management, web content management, SIEM, endpoint security, digital forensics, etc.
• Excellent understanding/working knowledge of private and public cloud solutions.
• Network design and management; hands-on knowledge of OSI Model & TCP/IP stack.
• Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel, and to communicate and advise others on issues that are complex and/or sensitive in nature.
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills, including the ability to organize and lead the work of others performing closely related or allied work. -Excellent interpersonal skills including proven ability to work in a facilitation and liaison capacity.
• Ability to detect errors in logic, process, data and system structure.
• Ability to describe in detail network topologies and their use in various environments.
• Ability to describe in detail IT concepts, practices and interdependencies as they relate to the network and security environment.
• Describe and apply technical and application knowledge of network and security management concepts, modeling and design principles used to complete project work.
• Ability to describe in detail network and security architectures, facilities, protocols and applications.
Assoicates or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science (preferred) or applicable MOS, AFSC, or Rate in the US Armed Forces
CompTIA Security+ (Preferred) OR;
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) (preferred) OR;
GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) (preferred) OR;
CompTIA Network+ (preferred); OR
CompTIA A+ (preferred)
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.