Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 245+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,000+ networks and 3,000 cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
· Works closely with Facility Data Center Managers and other HSE regional partners to develop a comprehensive HSE Program for the region in partnership with Global HSE. Drive Global HSE policies to regions and Data Center facilities
· Data Center Leadership, and HSE Leads. Focuses on implementation of plan within region. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
· Performs site audits/inspections and monitors HSE performance for a group of Data Centers.
· Work on corrective actions and closures of audit findings by Global HSE and 3rd Party Vendors
· Works closely with Data Center Management and Staff to enhance our Culture of Safety.
· Primary force driving employee engagement in health, safety & environmental programs, enhancing culture of teamwork, influencing others to prioritize safety as a key component to success. Creating team norms by which intact teams collaborate to build safety mechanisms into the DNA of how they work
· Develops reporting, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations to modify and improve HSE practices
· Working closely with facility managers and other HSE regional partners to develop and implement a program to ensure customer, employee, subcontractor safety practices in region. Provides ongoing monitoring of implemented program
· Works with cross functional teams to determine root cause and corrective actions needed in incident HSE investigations. Ensures that incidents are reported and investigated using proper root cause analysis methods
· Organizes and conducts safety training as needed and provides leadership for community of Safety Leads
· 5+ years' experience with HSE program concepts and ability to apply them in a data center environment. Experience in a data center or comparable environment such as telecommunications, construction; hospital; or other industrial environments preferred
· Education background in environmental/ safety/health related discipline(s)
· EHS related certifications, CSP, CHMM, etc. a plus, but not required
· Proactive with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, problem solving mind-set, and ability to write reports
· High integrity, skilled communicator, ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
· Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting and manual dexterity, with or without
· May be required to perform on call work to support HSE issues in off hours
· 20% travel required within hybrid environment
· Bilingual English/Spanish/Portuguese a plus, but not required
The targeted pay range for this position in the following location is / locations are:
· San Francisco, CA / Bay Area: $89,000 to $142,000
· California (Non-SF/Bay Area), Connecticut, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Washington state: $82,000 to $130,000
· Colorado, Nevada, Rhode Island: $74,000 to $1518000
Our pay ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the full-time position determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is based on additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training.
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to Staffing@equinix.com. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law. (Equal Opportunity / AA / Disabled / Veterans Employer (U.S.)).
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.