Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Compliance Specialist takes on an active responsibility in resolving compliance issues. Assists in implementing compliance and local legislative requirements at site level. Assists in ensuring Equinix management systems remain compliant to the requirements globally and drives continual improvement. Receives little instruction on work and general instruction on new assignments
What you’ll be doing
Audits & Certifications
· Helps co-ordinate specialized site level compliance audits (internal and external)
· Leads diverse site level compliance certification projects and identifies processes to be audited based on specialized knowledge of criteria and controls
· Develops industry knowledge of applicable standards
· Supports in compliance audits, creates specialized reports and communicates findings and risks to management
· Participates in external audits to provide subject matter expertise support
· Ensures any non-compliance findings are closed in a timely manner
· Is involved in specialized changes and updates any local site level management system assets by raising a document change request
· Provides specialized compliance input for site level management review meetings
· Develops specialized local compliance procedures to comply with local legislative and Equinix requirements in conjunction with the Global Compliance team.
· Ensures all required compliance records are maintained in local/global repositories; including: records relevant to Operations compliance (QISBC – Quality, Information Security and Business Continuity)
· Assists in the training and rollout of a global QISBC management systems including related policies, processes, templates and procedures leading to standardization, consistency and continual improvement
· Produces seasoned compliance reports for local management including key performance indicators and metrics for diverse matters
· Performs a moderate analysis on corrective and preventative actions to identify diverse systemic issues/root causes/delays in completion and recommends resolving a variety of compliance issues through preventive actions
· Identifies and participates in specialized process improvement initiatives and compliance projects for the site/country in collaboration with regional and/or global stakeholders.
· Answers specialized queries on compliance tools/systems and manages the tool as an admin.
· Monitors and tracks any QISBC compliance related training as required by the business, ensuring in scope site personnel complete training within target dates
· Develops specialized local training materials/toolbox talks
· Manages and tracks relevant mandatory diverse compliance training
· Provides specialized level training and inductions for new compliance personnel within a diverse scope
· May be involved in training existing team members, and contractors
1st Line Responsibilities
· Performs specialized site level audit evidence reviews and collection including making sure that the sites are prepared for any upcoming audits
· Acts as a specialized single point of contact (SPOC) for site level compliance related customer or any third party audits, as needed within a diverse scope
· Assists IBX managers in the implementation of site level compliance policies and processes, as per global requirements
· Ensures site level compliance with new and existing local/federal/regulatory requirements and follow up on any actions
· Provides Compliance SME support for relevant site/country stakeholders including mentoring when necessary, identifying compliance related risks / issues at site level
· Conducts routine site inspections with focus on requirements from local/regional/federal and Equinix requirements
· Assists sites in any risk assessments and business continuity related documentation maintenance as required (Business Continuity are kept current)
· Provides customer RFI/RFP/Pre-Sales /Audit /Questionnaire site level compliance support
· Supports responses for specialized requests or sensitive issues with diverse risk
· Integrates new sites or site expansions to Equinix standards within a diverse scope
· Involved in the specialized managing of IBX business continuity exercise program ensuring all required drills are planned, tracked, conducted, and documented by site operations, as per global policy
What we’ll expect from you
Experience in experience managing compliance with experience in the data center field or comparable sectors such as IT, telecommunication, or other industrial environments;
Previous compliance audit experience as an internal/external auditor;
Knowledge of compliance industry best practices;
Experience working with various cross-functional teams and across multi-cultural environments;
Advanced / English required
What will be the difference if you have
Certified lead auditor for any of the standards;
Working knowledge of HIPAA, ISO9001, ISO22301, ISO27001, NIST 800-53, PCI-DSS, SSAE18 SOC1 or SOC2;
Bachelor's Degree in a related subject preferred
The opportunity to be part of the digital transformation in the world in a company that was elected by the employees as the best places to work by Glassdoor and it´s is GPTW for several consecutive years.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.