Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Responsible for: network design and planning, capacity management, vendor evaluation, activation and deactivation of customer services, troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported and detected faults, performing effective maintenance to the equipment to prevent faults from occurring, procurement and installation of equipment for expansion and new services. Supports enterprise wide and local area network components, including network security components and vendor communications. Implements, troubleshoots, analyzes and maintains networks across the enterprise.
· Live deployment of new multi-vendor solutions
· Creates and modifies the documented guidelines, cheat sheets used by the Ops team, etc.
· Builds the process workflow for others to follow
· Engages in validation of new solutions with GNA
· Conducts NOC and NSE training and performs RMA actions
· Engages in port and device and customer migrations
· Performs network tools deployments
· Deploys new features and new architecture deployments
· Manages network software and process automation and generates business system requirements
· Performs automation of key NSE and NOC functions (e.g. NSE Scripts to manage the routers for install operation)
Product Development Lifecycle Engagements
· Requirement Phase: Provides feedback to the product and development communities based on customer input and deployment experiences
· Development Phase: Engages in reviews of functional specifications and solution discussions
· Test Phase: Participates in POC validation, network device testing, customer API testing, and SIT and UAT new feature testing
· Provides feedback through test plan reviews
· Enables comprehensive testing and deployment ready validations
· Identifies key customer issues
· Deployment Phase: Delivers on the plans for data and customer migrations
· Performs the cutover and post migrations
· Provides MOP and post deployment feedback to the cross-functional teams on an ongoing engagement model
· Sustaining phase: Trains and transitions from deployment teams during deployment activities
· Manages the deployments with a goal to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction on Equinix products
· Performs Network Service Delivery functions, namely: fulfillment for quote to cash transactional tickets for all network and datacenter products (Interconnections, DCIM etc.)
· Ensures successful fulfillment of the Software triggered provisioning (e.g. VC's and RI's)
· Engages closely with EPS team to ensure smooth handovers between SVC to order fulfillment to pro-services, following the agreed upon cross-functional workflow (e.g. for ECX)
· Reviews the metrics, improves the efficiency of the fulfillment (per customer and per transaction), and presents the data to cross-functional teams to improve the effectiveness and quality of our products
· Participates in events like Sparkathon to trigger innovation in 3 P's (Products, Process and People)
· Participates in creating the exercises that feed into Periodic Global Simian Army drills for the Ops team
· Participates in Simian Army based Tech drills focused on driving service excellence targeting a (break, learn, fix, resume) exercises on lab setups
· Engages in creating automations to perform these drills (Chaos monkey equivalent)
· Enablement and creation of new features (both internal and with vendors) and system enhancements, to improve customer experience radically
· Influences product roadmap
· Provides alternate solutions to customers
· Contributes, participates, and provides TOI by attending industry forums and events
· 7+ years experience
· Bachelor's Degree
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.