Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. That is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Manages a team of BSAs and/or SW Engineers, is accountable for the performance and results of his/her team. Plans and assigns work to various team members. Reports status of projects or issues. Follows all applicable company policies. Responsible for hiring and developing his/her team, manages business stakeholder relationship.
· Responsible for providing comprehensive input to stakeholders to support decision making
· Proactively communicates issues and risks and escalate conflicts, proposing options for resolution
· Able to drive effective conflict resolution between stakeholders
· Manages all stakeholder communications with respect to project and operations status
· In addition to building effective working relationships with stakeholders, the manager partners with stakeholders to execute against agreed-upon commitments
· Responsible for managing stakeholder escalations/priority shifts to resolution and/or senior management escalation
· Collects, analyzes, organizes and presents data on projects and operations to senior management
· Executes against operational KPIs
Resource and Budget Management
· Works closely with GTS Managers and Project Managers to track resource allocation and utilization for assigned projects
· Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from his/her manager
· Requests approvals for additional expenses outside of approved budget/headcount
· Communicates budget estimates, and ensures team executes assigned projects within approved budgets
· Manages and/or escalates issues, as needed
· Utilizes subject matter expertise and data from analysis, to propose system improvements to leadership
· Oversees implementation of approved system improvement recommendations within functional area
· Identifies and proposes improvement ideas
· Responsible for producing and/or validating project plans, provided by project managers & technology professionals
· Responsible for ensuring projects deliver on time and budget by holding contributors accountable for delivering on project milestones and deliverables
· Responsible for identifying project execution risks and project-related issues, suggesting mitigation plans for resolution to management
· Responsible for project resource allocation and management and budget management
R&D / Innovation
· Drives innovation among the team
Process / Policies/Standards
· Creation/refinement of efficient processes, standards, and policies
· Monitors violations, and designs a remediation plan to ensure adherence
Road Map / Planning
· Responsible for the planning of strategic priorities
· Responsible for developing and communicating a roadmap of projects and initiatives to project/functional stakeholders
· Is accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
· Responsible for the performance management of team members, including disciplinary actions and hire/fire recommendations
· Responsible for the GPS process including assessments and Total Rewards allocations of direct reports
· Responsible for talent development, including quarterly conversations, career pathways conversations and individual development/growth plans
· Models the Equinix Culture and Values
· Supports and trains resources and oversees quality in triage and troubleshooting practices
· Leads troubleshooting efforts on critical issues with cross functional teams through resolution
· Identifies improvements to address repeat issues
· Manager oversees and supports RCA cycles, reviews management level reports related to issues and escalations
· Acts as an escalation point for reviewing security architecture requests
· Reviewer for assessing adherence to new security architectures to guidelines
· Assists vendor resources with onboarding activities through all Equinix channels, ensuring vendor resources have appropriate workspace, system access, and tools
· Manages/leads individual consulting resources, as assigned
· Identifies initial commercial implications for vendor selection and performs initial due diligence
· Provides inputs for vendor negotiations
· Manages approved vendor relationships
· Monitors and reports on delivery of vendor deliverables
· Manages team of local technology professionals in a given country
· Executes against approved initiatives
· Manages technology and/or human resources in a single location, being familiar with local language, law and regulations, as needed
· Partners with global technology owners to implement and maintain global technology standards
· Manages relationships with country stakeholders
· 5+ years professional experience within an information technology organization managing and executing transformational projects leveraging technology
· Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Information Systems or Computer Science
· 3+ years of experience playing product owner/BSA roles implementing customer support solutions on the Salesforce platform
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to Staffing@equinix.com. Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law. (Equal Opportunity / AA / Disabled / Veterans Employer).
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.