Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Manager, NOC Service Engineering manages relationships with functional stakeholders. Monitors and manages key performance metrics. Responsible for the Global Deployments and Monitoring. Manages on-staff NOC technicians, including assisting in recruitment, supervision, scheduling, mentoring & development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions. Establishes department objectives, work plans, SOP, schedules, and ensures resources are available for completion of complex technical projects. Ensures that all tasks are developed into appropriate plans and completed with required analysis and reports.
What you will be doing:
· Responsible for providing comprehensive input to stakeholders to support decision making
· Proactively communicates issues and risks and escalate conflicts, proposing options for resolution
· Able to drive effective conflict resolution between stakeholders
· Manages all stakeholder communications with respect to project and operations status
· In addition to building effective working relationships with stakeholders, the manager partners with stakeholders to execute against agreed-upon commitments
· Responsible for managing stakeholder escalations/priority shifts to resolution and/or senior management escalation
· Collects, analyzes, organizes and presents data on projects and operations to senior management
· Executes against operational KPIs
Resource and Budget Management
· Works closely with GTS managers and project managers to track resource allocation and utilization for assigned projects
· Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from his/her manager
· Requests approvals for additional expenses outside of approved budget/headcount
· Communicates budget estimates, and ensures team executes assigned projects within approved budgets
· Manages and/or escalates issues, as needed
· Utilizes subject matter expertise and data from analysis, to propose system improvements to leadership
· Oversees implementation of approved system improvement recommendations within functional area
· Identifies and proposes improvement ideas
· Responsible for producing and/or validating project plans, provided by project managers & technology professionals
· Responsible for ensuring projects deliver on time and budget by holding contributors accountable for delivering on project milestones and deliverables
· Responsible for identifying project execution risks and project-related issues, suggesting mitigation plans for resolution to management
· Responsible for project resource allocation and management and budget management
· Drives innovation among the team
· Creation/refinement of efficient processes, standards, and policies
· Monitors violations, and designs a remediation plan to ensure adherence
· Responsible for the planning of strategic priorities
· Responsible for developing and communicating a roadmap of projects and initiatives to project/functional stakeholders
· Is accountable for the performance and results of direct reports.
· Responsible for the performance management of team members, including disciplinary actions and hire/fire recommendations
· Responsible for the GPS process including assessments and Total Rewards allocations of direct reports
· Responsible for talent development, including quarterly conversations, career pathways conversations and individual development/growth plans
· Models the Equinix Culture and Values
· Supports and trains resources and oversees quality in triage and troubleshooting practices
· Leads troubleshooting efforts on critical issues with cross-functional teams through resolution
· Identifies improvements to address repeat issues
· Oversees and supports RCA cycles, and reviews management level reports related to issues and escalations
· Assists vendor resources with onboarding activities through all Equinix channels, ensuring vendor resources have appropriate workspace, system access, and tools
· Manages/leads individual consulting resources, as assigned
· Identifies initial commercial implications for vendor selection and performs initial due diligence
· Provides inputs for vendor negotiations
· Manages approved vendor relationships
· Monitors and reports on delivery of vendor deliverables
· Manages team of local technology professionals in a given country
· Executes against approved initiatives
· Manages technology and/or human resources in a single location, being familiar with local language, law and regulations, as needed
· Partners with global technology owners to implement and maintain global technology standards
· Manages relationships with country stakeholders
· Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own area of specialty
· Owns a part of a global function (GNOC vs. NOC-night shift)
· Knows all the jobs within the team hands on
· Able to represent the team members (with upper management) as well as influence the team members to drive initiatives
· Owns a part of a global function (GNOC dayshift vs. night shift)
· Manages the team to deliver the committed SLA's & SLO's
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required;
- Strong Network experience with Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3;
- Experience in technical industry, preferably Telecommunications or Data Centers;
- Proficiency in both Portuguese and English is mandatory;
- Experience leading remote teams;
- Proficiency in Spanish will be a plus.
The opportunity to be part of the digital transformation in the world in a company that was elected by the employees as the best places to work by Glassdoor and it´s is GPTW for several consecutive years.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.