Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed. We are a fast-growing global company with 75+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, working as part of a close-knit team maintaining critical facilities infrastructure within our data centres to keep the world’s global companies online.
We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Applies acquired job skills to work on tasks that are semi-routine in nature. Focus is on semi-routine tasks within standard operating procedures. Supports the overall team.
Queue Management / Reporting
· Reviews work order requests in the queue and responds to semi-routine work orders by adhering to commitment times.
· Escalates and expedites orders to appropriate teams upon standard operating procedures; supervision needed on the escalation of non-standard procedure escalation requests.
· Ensures adherence to commit times within standard operating procedures.
· Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
· Updates local asset databases and other systems.
· Rack and stack semi-routine customer equipment tickets.
·Supports intra-cage infrastructure installations by following the standard operating procedures of semi-routine customer installs, which may include:
- fiber trays, ladder racks, customer equipment and cabinets;
- semi-basic cage installs for mesh and overhead cable trays; and, performs tape changes and standard operating back-up changes.
· Supports semi-routine datacenter standard operating cross-connect work order requests (installs, terminations, modifications, and testing).
· Ensures the standard operating procedures are followed on cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and semi-routine intra-building cross connects.
· Learns to install 'across' connect circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.), under supervision.
Testing / Troubleshooting
· Supports semi-routine standard operating testing and standard operating installations of customer assets.
· Supports standard operating procedures of layer 1 cross-connect certification testing.
· May learn non-standard operating testing, such as: layer 2 and layer 3 testing, under supervision.
· Supports the operations and security personnel team for breaks or other activities, when necessary.
·Supports standard operating procedural tasks provides back-up assistance to team members when necessary.
· Supports customer satisfaction with timely adherence to following semi-routine execution order requirements.
· Delivers a high level of service and an excellent customer experience when interfacing with customers.
· Provides support with time expectations on new deployments and existing alterations, by following standard operating procedure guidelines.
· Supports customers on-site by through access control and escorting services.
· Supports fulfillment of projects that follow standard operating procedures; if projects deviate from standard procedures, then works under supervision.
· Supports vendors on projects.
· Supports physical customer audits.
· Completes all assigned training in a timely manner.
· May provide support to new hires.
Data show that many applicants apply for a job when they have 100% of what is required. We encourage people to bring their different experiences and background to work. If you are interested in working for Equinix and have found a role that challenges you, please don’t let your reservations hold you back!
At Equinix, we believe that our culture and values are at the heart of our success and it’s our aauthentic, humble, and dedicated people who create the Magic of Equinix. We know we are only as successful as our people, so strive to offer a supportive and progressive working environment where we actively promote learning and development so our people can grow their careers with us.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We actively champion diversity with a series of networks including Black Connect, Equinix Women’s Leadership Network, and Pride Connect.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.