Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
What is this role about?
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow our UK Public Sector business. Key responsibilities include:
Build Customer Relationships
· Plans, builds, and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in assigned accounts/prospects
· Facilitates customer relationships to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
· Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new selling opportunities
· Leads Executive Briefings
Leverage Internal & External Partners
· Understands business drivers of accounts and leverages strategic alliances and reseller partners to penetrate accounts
· Engages across the Equinix UK partner and strategic alliance landscape, building relationships to deliver joint value, prioritizing those with greatest scale and reach
· Leads and drives coordinated sales approach with the extended sales team (Sales Engineers, Solutions Architect, Customer Care, SSA, Commercial Solutions, Sales Operations, etc.) and external partners (Reseller, Strategic Alliance, etc.)
· Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape
· Develops and drives strategic, global account plans focused on maintaining/growing accounts
· Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with SEs/SAs
· Leverages external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
· Leading delivery of pitch, leveraging SE/SAs where appropriate; adapts pitch to customer needs and persona
· Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
· Sells full suite of Equinix offerings
· Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SFDC, following the principles of forecasting
· Identifies at risk accounts, expiring contracts and forecasts churn
· Prioritizes list of accounts/prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
· Provides accurate forecasts
· Coordinates with Opportunity Development Team to strategize lead & sales opportunity qualification
· Pursues highest propensity prospects, fills the funnel with opportunities; pitching prospects primarily at C-level; leveraging industry contacts and partners
· Actively prospects account base to sell global platform and achieves exports outside of country · Utilizes available tools to prospect and leverage account strategy plans
· Leads commercial offer and contract negotiations, leveraging internal resources as needed to obtain best commercial terms possible
· Understands the process of public sector procurement via Frameworks and identify opportunities for Equinix to work with partners in pursuit of public tenders
· Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure
· Partners with sales leadership to present at regional deal review
· Mentors Account Executives or other sales professionals; leads special projects, provides guidance to team on new products/processes/best practices
Who are you?
Have an understanding of Equinix's go to market strategy and be able to articulate the value we bring to our Public Sector customers
A self-started with highly developed soft skills, able to foster first class relationships, both internally and with customers
Be a creative and an engaging story teller
A demonstrable strong performer in previous sales roles, preferably with several years of shown above target performance
Be a self-starter, promoting Equinix culture & values in everything you do
Enjoy working in a team and be stimulated by your contribution to team goals
What we offer
Next to a competitive salary, sales incentive plan and attractive benefits we offer you the opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneering spirit. Equinix offers a company culture that values commitment, respect and fun at work.
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the link to our career web page to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to meeting you!
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.