Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We have a number of positions available across our sites and will consider candidates from an Electrical or Mechanical background with relevant industry experience.
Facility / Infrastructure Maintenance
· Performs moderately difficult preventative and corrective maintenance checks on-site to facility components.
· Performs moderately difficult repairs, maintenance, installations and on-site inspections to facility systems. Supports energy efficiency measures.
· Monitors the Building Monitoring System (BMS) and resolves moderately difficult alarm issues issues that require judgement in resolving while following standard operating procedures.
· Operates and maintains plumbing, fire suppression, and safety systems.
· Operates critical infrastructures under the supervision of more senior technical staff.
· Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
· Supports the work approval process for service providers on moderately difficult maintenance work, for tracking: briefing at the start of work, work during the day workday/shift and final review of the work carried out. Ensures vendor maintenance activities are carried out as per Equinix's standard operating procedures.
· In cooperation with vendors, supports modifications to technical files for plants and equipment ensuring files and builds are up-to-date.
Site Administration & Incident Support
· Performs moderately difficult site logs for permits, such as Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOPs) and scripts.
· Identifies Single Points of Failure (SPOFs) and makes recommendations.
· Responds to all moderately difficult on-site incidents, including failures, problems and delays.
· Uses substantial understanding in following operating procedures to support on-site administration.
Work Orders & Additional Projects
· Completes routine work requests and circuit installations.
· Troubleshoots and maintains office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines with problem solving and repairs to avoid/minimize downtime.
· Makes minor changes to mechanical, electrical and specialized systems, as directed.
· Carries out infrastructure projects.
· Collaborates with others to resolve moderately difficult facility incidents.
· Effectively collaborates within the department; may mentor team members on general maintenance activities.
· Provides stakeholders of inventory needs in order to maintain optimal stock levels of critical parts and equipment.
· May recommend infrastructure projects.
· 5 + years in a similar position and Trade or Degree qualification across Electrical/Mechanical/BMS or engineering fields
· Experience in Data Centre or Mission Critical environment will be highly regarded
This will suit someone who enjoys working with customers, vendors and closely with colleagues, and is interested in building their career not just looking for a new position. Electrical or Mechanical background candidates will find this easier to transition into this role, and we are looking for someone who will be able to obtain and retain information quickly.
Apply directly through the link to join the Magic of Equinix.
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
You can change your cookie preferences within your browser settings at any time.
To find out more about our policy, please click here.