Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
The Design Sr Manager is responsible for design decisions related to a portfolio of datacenter projects which can include: new construction, phased expansion, retrofits and upgrades, acquisition conversions, mechanical and electrical equipment selections, and standards upgrades in either a specific region or globally. They are an exceptional industry professional progressing towards becoming a recognised expert on datacenter design. The Design Senior Manager critically assesses design decisions with consultation with more senior staff across disciplines and applies required Equinix standards and country specific regulations to make the best design choices. They manage the relationship and output of key design partners and equipment suppliers for their assigned projects and critically assess and escalate issues where the relationship with such partners is not meeting expectations.
What you will be doing
· Owns and leads a design process, interacting with Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical Partners (MEPs), and other design partners to deliver a portfolio of world class datacenters with a strong focus on technical excellence, mission critical resilience and cost management
· Reviews and contributes to the development of globally standardized tools, techniques and processes for the management and reporting of the design process
· Works with peers in other regions to drive consistency and technical excellence on design and delivery practices and methodologies
· Thinks and acts in a global manner, considering the applicability of any design decision, innovations or standards changes for all regions
In the regional role:
· Obtains site-specific conditions, utility and infrastructure design, costs and availability of utilities, liaison with planning authorities and local logistics including site logistics during construction and phasing
· Provides locally informed and compliant infrastructure design, supply information to and collaborate with the master planning function
· Provides local design engineering to support site specific changes to templates
· Reviews the masterplan for delivery and submits to senior staff for approval
· Maintains interpersonal relationships with internal technical staff, external design consulting partners, construction management, commercial management, and regional P&L holders to ensure appropriate stakeholder exposure and buy in to IBX projects
· Appropriately leverages the center of excellence teams and more senior Design staff to augment their individual technical expertise to ensure all facets of the datacenter design are adequately considered and approved
· Manages internal and external resources via their influence and outstanding competencies
· Indirectly manages experienced electrical and mechanical engineering staff in the Independent Technical Review and Innovation & Development teams to deliver a portfolio of world-class datacenter designs on time and to budget
· Directly responsible for managing the design schedule for assigned projects to ensure on time creation and review of Basis of Designs (BODs), Real Estate Investment Committee (REIC) Submissions, and design documentation for Issued for Permit (IFP) and Issued for Construction (IFC) sets
In the regional role:
· Works hand-in-hand with construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors to deliver projects during construction once the design phase is completed and ensure projects are fully documented and closed out
· Manages, with the aid of the commercial management team, design budgets and controls change management requests during the construction phase, in consultation with the Construction Manager
· Stays up-to-date on advancements in design being investigated by the centers of excellence teams to ensure technologies support future IBX design and construction needs and feeds back information to construction for incorporation of changes
· Ensures designs meet Equinix’s Global Design Standards and the business needs for capacity, density, and function
What you should have
· Experience in a Design MEP Firm or in the design team of a Mission Critical Building operator or subcontractor, OR experience as an Architectural lead in a Mission Critical Architectural Design Practice preferred
· MSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering OR MSc in Architecture is preferred
· Advanced English
What is a differential if you have
· Leading team previous experience
· Datacenter background
· Advanced Spanish
The opportunity to be part of the digital transformation in the world in a company that was elected by the employees as the best places to work by Glassdoor and it´s is GPTW for several consecutive years.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
You're now being redirected to the application website
Fill in your details
You're now being redirected to the application website
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.