Responsible for: network design and planning, capacity management, vendor evaluation, activation and deactivation of customer services, troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported and detected faults. Performs effective maintenance to the equipment to prevent faults from occurring; procurement and installation of equipment for expansion and new services.
· Troubleshoots network problems and outages and provides Level 2 Network Triage support
· Provides escalation level support for Tier1 and Level 1 team
· Performs network monitoring
· Applies the published work around (S & W and H and w) to get the customer issue resolved within the SLA’s as expected
· Provides feedback to the various vendors on hardware and software to improve supportability
· Publishes and manages the NOC checklists
· Delivers reports and metrics on incidents and events
· Monitors network devices, software health and network tools health checks
· Monitors the network tools and reports any device or software outages, prioritizing the issues
· Creates and reports tickets for events and incidents
· Owns incident bridge setups, escalation calls and cross-functional coordination to drive for a quick closure of the incident or trouble ticket
· Performs Network Service fulfillment for quote to cash transactional tickets for all network and datacenter products (Interconnections, DCIM etc.)
· Generates metrics based on Service Delivery metrics on a periodic basis
***HIRING MANAGER – PLEASE REVIEW BELOW TEXT AND CONFIRM THAT INCLUDING IT MEETS LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR COUNTRY***
· 3+ years experience
· Bachelor's Degree
***U.S. ONLY - EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.