Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Due to the dynamic growth of the company, we are currently looking for a candidate for the position of:
Supervisor, NOC Service Engineering
In this role you will manage relationships with functional stakeholders, monitors and key performance metrics. Support a culture of innovation, excellence & collaboration. Working with a highly motivated team of NOC technicians.
· Stakeholders include the manager, team members, and internal customers
· Responsible for communicating day-to-day status to stakeholders, including issues and roadblocks that are preventing work from moving forward
· Proactively communicates issues and risks and escalate conflicts, proposing options for resolution
· Responsible for building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders
· Utilizes pre-defined reports to manage scope of work
Resource and Budget Management
· Supervises the daily activities of a support team typically conducting structured and predictable work
· Supports the manager of the group and acts as the backup for the team manager
· Represents the team members (with management) and influences the team to drive initiatives
· Coordinates implementation of approved system improvement recommendations within functional area
· Identifies and proposes improvement ideas
· Responsible for defining and validating project plans for projects and tasks in their area
· Responsible for identifying risks and escalating issues to management with suggested plans for resolution
· Responsible for managing tasks and operations for their area
· Encourages and demonstrates innovation across the team
· Adheres to organizational processes, policies, and standards
· Ensures policies, standards, and processes are followed by team
· Contributes towards policies, standards, and processes design
· Assists with planning activities for tasks and projects
· Assists with the creation of roadmaps
· Develops work schedules, sets daily priorities and assigns tasks to team and ensures execution of tasks
· Ability to identify ways to help team members to execute on their deliverables
· Makes decisions related to daily activities; receives direction from manager
· Supports SME resources triage and troubleshooting of issues
· Responsible for identification, triage, and assignment of impactful issues and driving to closure and/or management escalation
· Ability to drive communication and document RCA cycles and management level reports related to issues and escalations
· Ability to lead and/or collaborate with cross-functional teams through issue identification, analysis, and resolution cycles
· Manages vendor management onboarding logistics and documentation formalities
· Develops work schedules, sets daily priorities, assigns tasks to team, and ensures execution of tasks
· Is familiar with all jobs within the group hands on
· Is deemed an expert and is able to identify ways to help the junior team members execute their deliverables
· Makes decisions related to daily activities and is guided by practice, precedent and production requirements; receives direction from manager
What we offer:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.