Troubleshoots and installs advanced circuits, and performs custom installations.
· Racks and stacks customer equipment
· Reads installation plans (Visio Drawings / Spreadsheets) and implements installation accordingly
· Installs circuits requiring advanced fiber terminations
· Determines work priorities from the Oracle queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
· Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; escalates to, and works with networking group, as needed.
· Works with customers to troubleshoot issues
· Installs/tests/modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and intra-building cross connects
· Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
· Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
· Designs and leads cage / infrastructure modification projects
· Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
· Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution
· 1+ years experience
· High School Diploma
· Test equipment
Fiber Certifications preferred
BICSI Qualification preferred
***U.S. ONLY - EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please click here to see the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement.
Please click here to see our EEO Policy Statement.
Please click here to see our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
A one-time (for each page view) session cookie to provide protection against a security attack called "Cross-site scripting (XSS)". This cookie is mandatory, short lived (one page interaction) and contains no candidate personally identifiable information.
A permanent long lived cookie that is associated with your device. This is used to associate your candidate actions to your CRM record.
A temporary session cookie (lasts for 20 minutes after your last interaction). This is used to associate your candidate actions into "visits or sessions" and is recorded against your CRM record. This includes location data (city, country) which allows us to provide more localised and relevant job recommendations and other career related content.